Friday, June 09, 2006

Random Fact

Adam this one is for you :)

Did you know that the rubik's cube was invented by a Hungarian by the name of Erno Rubik. The cube was invented in the mid 70's.

I also have another observation or more like an annoyance really... The Hungarians may have invented the rubik's cube but they have yet to discover the material called Styrofoam! I burn my hands everytime I want a cup of tea on the go.

Oh well, they have lots of other good stuff that makes up for it, like... Turo Rudi!!


That is Jola and I holding our Turo Rudi's. I am just in love with these things!! Turo is the type of filling in the middle (like a sweet cheese) and then it is dipped in chocolate. You eat is cold and can buy it from the dairy section of the grocery store.

5 Comments:

  • What or Who is Turo Rudi? Thinking of you, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 AM  

  • Mom,

    Turo Rudi is a small confection you can mainly only find in Hungary (as I am told) It's a tube of sweet cream cheese dipped in chocolate. I have come to love them!! Check out my link to Hungarian Food, there is a picture of one in white and red wrapping. Thats the main brand that makes them.

    By Blogger Katie Paterson, at 7:49 AM  

  • Hey Kate, are you seeing the excitement surrounding the World Cup in Budapest?

    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 PM  

  • Dad,

    The world cup is being shown in all the parks with big screens. I have even watched a game right behind Hero Square!!

    By Blogger Katie Paterson, at 3:52 AM  

  • Kate, you have to bring back a Turo Rudi it sounds great.


    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home