Friday, May 26, 2006

Shopping Spree

I have official received my first payment for the 3 weeks I have "worked" in Budapest. I decided to treat myself with a little European shopping spree. There are a few items I have been looking at for a few weeks. I also found myself in great need of a mug to make noodles in with my kettle. So I went out on a search for the biggest mug I could find that said "Budapest" on it!! I found myself on my favorite street "Vaci ut" and stumbbled across a store that was filled with mugs of all sizes. I picked out the biggest one in blue, of course its my favorite colour. In the picture below you can see all the loverly things I purchased. All very pratical of course!!

The sad news is that when I used my mug for the first time to make me some delicious noodles it cracked down the side when I poured the hot water.... The lady at the store told me it was okay for the microwave and the dishwasher so I was surprised. Thank goodness I kept the receipt, so I will be returning today to see if I can exchange it. Wish me luck, the lady spoke English yesterday but today could be a different story :)

2 Comments:

  • Hi Kate,
    Glad you did some shopping. Hey, what ever happened about your mug return? Hopefully you're making noodles in a new cup. Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

  • Hey you're getting close to becoming a Budapest 'townie', frequenting the local shops, having to make your first returns. Have you tried to speak much Hungarian.

    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home