Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Food of Hungary

Okay, so I have gotten my appetite back after the first few days and I don't think it is a good thing. The food here is so good!! And so many different things to try, I don't think I have enough time. In the picture below are these little sandwiches that I can buy at a little shop by the "Déak tér" metro station (thstationon where all the metros connect) on "Bajcsy-Zsilinszky ut". This place has about 20-3differentnt kinds of these open sandwiches. The orange one was like a spicy pepperoni salad, the onwith theht he cucumber was like a dill garlic spread and the one in the middle explains itself. (Adam, I took this picture for you. How's that for a klebeachkie (sp?)) : ) I hope to go back soon and try all the different kinds!! Each one is about 120 HUF each.


Now last night some of the trainees and the IAESTE coordinators went out for dinner at a restaurant near the "Moszkva tér" red metro station called... The portion there were huge. I had the Gouloash soup and dumplings. It was great, spicy and so filling. The dessert Anna is diving into are cottage cheese dumplings with breadcrumbs and sweet sauce. All in all another great meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home