Sunday, September 10, 2006

Discovering Ulm...

On Saturday September 9th, my two friends, Tina and Griet took to the roads to drive to Ulm for the day. Ulm is located east of Stuttgart between Stuttgart and Munich. Ulm is located just off the Danube and is full of little shops, cafes and lots of big stores.

In the picture below is the famous church that is one of the tallest in the south of Germany. From the picture you can tell what a beautiful day it was :)

That is Griet and I in front of the church in the city square. We are smiling because this was before we had climbed all the way to the top....

This is the view from halfway up the climb of the church, I thought I would take pictures since at that point I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the top...

We made it!!!! It was this tiny little circle on top that was full of people.

Now is this not the coolest chair ever!! It was located in a book store chain much like Chapters. I have decided to engineer my own chair just like this when I get home :) I think I need one in my office, what do you think?

Well, Tina, Griet and I ended the day with a nice Italian dinner with a glass of Presecco and homemade tiramisu (I need to embrace my inner Italian and make this at home!) All in all it was a great day, I would highly recommend this town. I would love to go back to do some shopping :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home