Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hello from Germany... Finally

Okay this will now be my second attempt with doing this first blog entry. I had one pretty much all done with pictures and when I cam back to it today it wasn't saved in my drafts!!! Bahh, so now I must start all over again.

So here I go.. For the second time.

So I have now been in Esslingen , Germany for three weeks and 2 days. I have been settling well in both work and at my apartment (although it is quite small.. smaller then the place I had in Bowmanville if that is possible!) With not knowing any of the language it was hard at first but I finally came around and have become more comfortable in doing every day things (with a little push and encouragement from Adam...)

Below are some pics of the area where I live. I am living just about a 5 min drive from my work in a town called Deizisau.

Here are the pictures!!

Look forward to many more updates I promise : )

This is the what you can see, when you step out of my door and look to the left. Those tall white towers is part of the ENWB power plant that is owned by France. It is a coal burning energy plant.
This is a house that is on the other side of the street from me. I took a picture of it because I think it is cute how the convertable matches the trim of the house. It is hard to see it in this picture but the windows are also trimmed in the same colour. Reminds me of that song.. do da da de dum with the blue house blue car and the blue man.. Is anyone following??

This is the street I take to work, at the end there is a roundabout that leads me to the Hwy B10. The video store I frequent is also on this street by that yellow street sign.

This is just another view of the power plant from the street that is parallel to mine, the roundabout is behind me in the picture.

2 Comments:

  • I am on Uncle Ron's computer in Windsor and looking at your blog with your cousin Melissa (Baines that is!) and we had wanted to see your place!!!! Please add a picture of your building. Great blog!!!! Love reading about your life there!!!!!! Love, Mom (and Melissa too!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • Hey Mom,

    That will be my next post! I have some pictures that I will post asap!

    By Blogger Katie Paterson, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home