Monday, May 15, 2006

More Observation and Facts

Okay so I thought I would post some more observations and random facts about Budapest.

- You can J-walk in the city, which is surprising because many other European countries frown upon it.

- Hungary had the first metro line in central Europe (it was second to London, England)

- Currently Budapest is under construction for the replacement of new trolleys. The new trolleys that were purchased can not fit on the old tracks.. (gotta love those Hungarian engineers)

- No matter what country you are in engineering student enjoy drinking and partying

- Tea in Hungary consists of water, sugar and lemonade (possibly a tea leaf, I am not sure)

- You can buy a 2 liter bottle of wine for 300 HUF which is about $3 CAD

- The most popular car manufacturer in Hungary is Suzuki

- The Suzki Swift and Audi TT are manufactured in Hungary

- In the LUSH store in Hungary everything is wrapped individually (yes I have already been to the LUSH store, but everyone can be proud of me since I did not buy anything)

- The buses on the main routes are the same buses as VIVA and Ottawa transpo

- No matter what language is being spoken you can tell when a women is gossiping to another women

Well I hope you have enjoyed my observation so far. Let me know if you have any specific questions on how things work or are in Budapest and I will seek out your answer : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home